Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Sorenson Named To Drive TBR's No. 36 Chevy

Tommy Baldwin Racing has named Reed Sorenson to drive its No. 36 Chevrolet SS for the full 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season. Team owner Tommy Baldwin and newly hired crew chief Todd Parrott made the decision to bring the 27-year old Sorenson on board to assist in building the team and taking it to the next level.

Sorenson is excited to get back into the Sprint Cup Series full time.

"I will give them everything I've got to perform well," Sorenson said. "I'm confident with Todd's winning resume along with Tommy's accomplishments; it's going to lead to great things for this team. I'm thankful for TBR and all of their partners for allowing me to be their driver. I'm looking forward to helping TBR build on what they have already achieved and to help make the team better than they ever have been."

Baldwin said he is impressed with Sorenson's resume and feels he is the right man for the job.

"It's cool to have Reed on board driving the No. 36. I've looked at his statistics and was really surprised at how well he's done," Baldwin said. "It's taken six years to get where we are now and the No. 36 car is only two or three years into it so, we're slowly building that and we're excited to have Reed on board with his experience at such a young age and ability to provide sound feedback to help us do that."

2 comments:

  1. Roadsailor12:09 PM

    Wish him the Best, I'm glad to hear he is back in a Cup car, I know there's talent that just needs to show itself, 2014 is going to be a Great Year for a lot of drivers and Teams like TBR! I'm ready for Daytona, let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This core could be the thing that really moves TBR forward. It's not Kurt Busch to FRR (even though they were fine with Regan Smith), but it could be what the organization needs. Of course, funding and partnerships will be important.

    ReplyDelete