Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Ryan Truex Set For Richmond Sprint Cup Start

Richard Petty Motorsports development driver Ryan Truex will make his second career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway. Truex will drive the No. 51 entry for Phoenix Racing as part of a continuing agreement between Phoenix and RPM.

While this will be Truex’s first Cup start at the .75-mile track, he has four starts at Richmond in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, earning one Top-5 and two Top-10 finishes. His last race at the Virginia track was in September of 2012, where he finished in the 16th position.
"I'm really looking forward to Richmond,” said Truex. “My first Cup start didn't go the way I wanted, so I'm grateful for the opportunity to get another chance. I was really happy with qualifying 18th at Bristol, but we cut a tire and that was disappointing.  It's just nice to get back in the seat and get another chance so quickly. 
"Now that I've got that first start out of the way, and I know what to expect, I can't wait to get back on the track.  We're trying to secure some sponsorship with RPM for next year and a good run helps.  I just want to go out, learn as much as possible and complete all the laps."

No comments:

Post a Comment