Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Matt Bell Set For Nationwide Series Debut

Matt Bell
Matt Bell, a regular on the Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series, will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut this weekend driving for JD Motorsports with Gary Keller at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. 

Bell, a native of San Francisco, Calif., won last year’s companion event at Road America driving a Chevrolet Camaro. In his NASCAR debut, he’ll be wheeling a Nationwide Series Chevrolet Impala on Saturday afternoon.

He began his professional racing career in 2008 and has gone on to capture four victories in CTSCCS competition. He knows the challenge ahead of him is a big one, but insists it is one he respects. 

“I’m excited to be making my NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at a track I have had success at, and am quite comfortable with,” said Bell. “Those points, along with the great equipment JD Motorsports has provided me, will go a long way in making this weekend a very successful debut. And I will have a teammate in veteran Mike Wallace. I know he had a great run here last year, so I’ll be looking to learn from him as much as possible. 
 “I am extremely grateful and thankful for everyone at JD Motorsports and P1 Groupe for putting this opportunity together for me this weekend,” he said. “I'm very excited and even a bit nervous. I've been told the Camaro Grand Sport car is probably the best prerequisite race car to driving a stock car, so I'm not worried about the learning curve. It's just the fact this deal came together quite quickly and it'll be trial by fire for me.
“You can't grow up in this country without falling in love with the sound of a stock car,” he said. “I'll be one of the lucky few to hear it from the cockpit. Nothing beats a giant V8 engine, big tires and all-steel body construction. I can't wait to try (NASCAR) out. It just screams ‘America.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment