Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Reutimann Back With BK Racing at Darlington

David Reutimann will return to the wheel of the No. 93 BK Racing Toyota this week at Darlington Raceway in the Bojangles' Southern 500.  

Reutimann raced the season-opening Daytona 500 with BK Racing, but has driven the balance of 2012 events with Tommy Baldwin Racing. Travis Kvapil will return to drive the No. 93 Burger King/Dr Pepper car next week at Charlotte. 

Reutimann drove the #93 at Daytona
"I'm looking forward to getting back and racing with the BK guys. We had some good stuff going at Daytona and didn't get a chance to finish what we started there. I hope we have a good run at Darlington. I know Travis has been doing a great job and helped build the team. It's fun to watch the team progress and get stronger, get their feet underneath them and start moving forward. Hopefully I can be a small part of that process and keep plugging away at it.  

Reutimann said the tough Darlington oval is sure to provide a challenge. "There are a lot of tracks that you go to where you feel like you finally got the hang of it,” he said. “Darlington is not one of those places. I'm not sure it ever will be. It can be an evil race track. It's tough to get a hold of. It's tough to master. Some guys seem to do it, but for me, I don't know that I'll ever go there thinking that I have it all figured out. 

"I got my first Darlington stripe back when the Truck Series raced there. The whole time in practice I was really, really tentative. They told me, 'You have to get right up against the fence.' At the end of practice, I got up against the fence and didn't even realize that I got a stripe. It was a small one. They said, 'You're doing it right if you can do that and not realize you hit anything.' During the race, though, I realized I hit it a couple of times. There was no questioning that. It is one of those race tracks that if you leave it with your right side attached, you probably weren't trying hard enough." 

Reutimann has five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Darlington. He scored his best finish (11th) in 2010. In NASCAR Nationwide Series competition, Reutimann has three starts, with a best finish of third (2008). His first time racing at Darlington was in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2004, which he started 12th and finished 28th. 

The No. 93 team scored BK Racing's best finish (16th) last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, after opening its doors for the first time in February. The team is currently 30th in the owner point standings.


No comments:

Post a Comment